So anyways before my wife kills me for leaving a machine in the middle of our family room for three weeks without any success, I'm going to try out another machine..

I have an old DFI CA61 MB with a Pentium III 733mhz cpu and a Via 693A/596B chipset that I'd like to use with my PVR-350... Any one have any experience with this combo???

for those wondering... Stock compaq presario sr1200nx (200 bucks at staples!!!) .. TV-OUT is jumpy and the machine locks/freezes every few minutes when trying to view tv-out.. (did notice a "DEC: DMA too many tries" or similar message.. Don't see anyone else reporting it on the mailing lists so I'm assuming it's a new one).. (fyi.. using a 2.6.10 with non 4kstack kernel (fedora core 3) with ivtv 0.2.0.rc3f, a pvr-350 (new tuner type 47) and a ndiswrapper wireless card and Via KM400A chipset on an Asus MB)