I was having very similiar problems.  Jumping around would sometimes
behave almost randomly.  I fixed it by repairing the database tables
as described in the following link:
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1043

This solved the problme for NEW recordings only.  The old ones were
still corrupted and exhibited the bad behavior.  I have had to rerun
the commands a few times.  I think the old recordings had a habbit of
re-breaking everything.  It seems to be all smoothed out now.

I hope this helps.

Nicholas McCoy
2008 Pauline Blvd. Apt. TA
Ann Arbor, MI 48103