On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:56:04 -0600, John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:14:21PM -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > Allow me to head this off...
> >
> > An earlier attempt to mirror the lists to gmane was made; Isaac wasn't all
> > that
> > happy with it.  It might happen again later, or not.
>
> Do you know why?

I believe it had something to do with someone, at some point,
submitting the list to gmane without Isaac's knowledge or consent.
That resulted in large amounts of spam to list members.  Hence, Isaac
isn't thrilled about travelling that road again.  At least that's what
I recall.  I'm sure if you just visited the archives at
gossamer-threads and did a simple search on gmane you'd turn up plenty
of good info as this has been discussed at length several times.  In
fact, the gmane/forum vs. mailing list discussion is probably one of
the most frequent OT posts on this list.

Brad