Rich Shumaker wrote:

So the corner is nice this time of year.
Wallpaper peeling and paint chipping that kind of thing.

Okay so neither of you guys said go away in those words. You just didn't answer my question and told me to use something else besides MythTV.
I personally felt that not answering my question and telling me that MythTV isn't the right tool is the same as being told to go away. It was a question, still unanswered.

Can or does MythTV record DV via the newly supported IEEE-1394(firewire) port? I know IEEE-1394 was added for cable boxes. But in none of the posts did anyone say anything about that. Or say "NO" it does not record DV. Since the original intention of the IEEE-1394 port was DV footage transfer and it is the oldest use for this port I thought the question had some merit. The IEEE-1394 port has expanded over time to be used for a ton of stuff including hi end cameras, hi end audio boards, even networking and now Cable boxes.

Rich,

I did a search on the mailing list at gossamer threads, for 'DV firewire'. Here is a quote from the first post that shows up: