Julian Edwards wrote:

Jules Gosnell wrote:

I'm suffering from a similar symptom and am stumped...

I guess that the problem must have arisen since I moved up to 0.17.

I started noticing that after between 40-50 seconds into the beginning of a recording it jumped forward - i.e. a piece was missing.

Initially it didn't worry me, i just thought my DVB signal was a bit flaky.

Then I recorded a couple of 10 minute shows for my son, and found that the recordings only lasted 2-3 mins !

I went back and looked at my other recordings. Many of them are scheduled for an hour, but the actual recording is only about 45 mins long - this means that the jump at the beginning isn't a few seconds as i had though, but 15 mins !!!

I'm not using HDTV - but UK PAL DVB.

Unfortunately I restarted the server this afternoon and my log is truncated, but the same thing happened this evening and there doesn't appear to be anything in the log at the time it happened...

can I turn up the log level somehow ?

Am I alone with this one ?

Anyone any ideas - I have Myth setup and working, but no idea what is going on under the covers...

You're not the only one!

It was happening to me a lot but not recently. The backend log file didn't show any errors either, other than some DVB signal issues, which leads me to believe it's something to do with gaps in received DVB data causing a knock-on effect somewhere.

that's what i thought - but the losses are so regular - 40-50 seconds into a recording, and usually the same amount lost, that I am moving away from that theory.

I guess I will just have to miss 15 mins a show until i see some sort of regular pattern - I will probably fiddle with setup options and see if they have any effect on these periods...

Jules

-- "Open Source is a self-assembling organism. You dangle a piece of string into a super-saturated solution and a whole operating-system crystallises out around it."

* Jules Gosnell
* Partner
* Core Developers Network (Europe)
*