>Hello all,

>I posted a note earlier today but it doesn't seem to have been sent to
>the list.

>I've had a very strange issue with Mythmusic since upgrading from 0.16
>(Knoppmyth R4V4) to 0.17 (Knoppmyth R5V12). Most of the kinks I've
>managed to work out but this one has me stumped.

>I have a lot of records in my library stored as
>/mnt/hdb6/media/audio/GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE. The settings all
>point to the right directory, Myth populates the database, and I can
>play the music.

>The issue is that previously the Play Music screen and the Select
>Music screen would show what they are meant to show -- e.g. All My
>Music -> Blues -> Buddy Guy -> Best Of -> 01 Damn Right I've Got the
>Blues.ogg

>Since upgrading, both of these screens instead show All My Music ->
>Blues -> Buddy Guy -> Best of -> 00 ~ Blues (the same for all tracks
>on the record).

>The song list for every album is now in the form of 00 ~ GENRE. In the
>settings, I have the tree listing set to 'directory' and the ID3
>Ignore option selected, as I had in 0.16.

>I'm guessing that when Myth populates the music database, it puts
>information in the wrong tables, but I'm not all that familiar (read I
>don't know shit) about MySQL. Since this was a clean install, I dont
>see how putting the music in a new directory and refilling the
>database would help, although I haven't yet tried that..

>Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? If I
>need to muck about with the MySQL files, how do I do it? Can anyone
>point me to a basic MySQL reference?

>Thanks in advance,

>Dewey

If you are not familiar with MySQL probably the easiest way to check that
your music files have been imported properly is to play a track then press
the
I or INFO key to display the metadata editor. If the values you see in the
editor
for artist, album, track etc are correct you know the track info has been
imported
correctly into the database. If they don't match up could you post an
example to
help track the problem down.

In the MythMusic General Setting screen what value are you using in the
Filename Format field. Also what happens if you change the Tree Sorting
value to
something like 'splitartist artist album title'.

What file types are you using, I guess from your example .ogg. Are all your
files the same file type. If not does the problem happen with all file types
that
you use?

Paul