When I run lspci I get the following

VGA Compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage IIC AGP (Rev 7a)

There is no entry in the XFree86.0.log for:
(II) Loading extension XVideo

The output of xvinfo is:
"no adaptors present"

I checked out the gatos site, but wasn't clear what to do with the info there.

Yep. You'll need to install the gatos ati.2 drivers in order to get Xv to work on that setup. I have a similar machine that I press into service every once in a while. It's a Celeron 500 with an onboard ATI RageIIc. It played video at 1 frame per second until I installed the gatos drivers. Now it's capable of playing 480x480 mpg4 nuv files in Myth without dropping frames.

To install the binary drivers, go to http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ati.2.php and follow the instructions under the "Installing ati.2 binaries" heading. It's as simple as downloading the appropriate tarball, unpacking it to the correct location and restarting X. If I can do it, anyone can :-)

Shawn Flynn