On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:32 -0500, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>       Yes, I'm already doing this, but I like to have a passphrase on my
> dsa_key...

Personally I generate a completely separate key, with no password.  This
ssh's into a specific backup account on the target, and
the .ssh/authorized_keys setup restricts the login to only be from a
specific machine and only allows one specific command.

I can then use cron to ssh -i mybackupkey ...

I prefer that to having more important (general purpose) keys left in
memory when I'm not around.

        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]