On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:03:41 -0500, Graham Dunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> colliepon wrote:
>
> >[snip]It might be helpful (for instance) to complete whole seasons at a time
> >if you didn't start in the first season, so you can burn off whole seasons
> >at once for instance.  Or make a list of which  episodes you have, which
> >episodes are missing, or prioritize to complete whole seasons from reruns if
> >space is at a premium, etc.  I'm sure other cool things could be done with
> >the data.  Would anyone else find this cool?
> >

> This is your lucky day :) Check out the tvwish script by Brad Templeton
> (http://www.templetons.com/brad/myth/tvwish.html). It does all that and
> more... I've been using it for a couple weeks now, and am quite pleased,
> especially by the movies it picks up.

I haven't had a chance to try out tvwish yet, but it does look very cool.

The TV series feature that I would love, though, is the option to view
season number and episode number within Myth.

The idea is that when you browse your recordings to view, in the box
at the bottom that gives series name, episode name, and episode
description, the season number and episode number would also be shown.
I think there's enough room in the box to comfortably add this info.

Having this info would really help me know when it's time to burn
another DVD. For example, I could browse through and see that I have 6
consecutive episodes of That '70s Show from season 4 recorded.
Ideally, I would like to also be able to sort the recordings for a TV
series by season and episode. I suppose in practice this would be the
same as sorting by original air date.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. One of these months I'm going to dust off
my C++ skills and take a look at the Myth code.... :}

Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MUG