Aran Cox wrote:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 03:11:47PM -0700, Stephen Atkins wrote:

Well I'm happy to report that that seems to have fixed things for now.
It does seem that with a udp nfs to my video/record dir the playback of
the recordings was not good.  With out it mounted it worked fine.  It
now also playes fine with a tcp nfs mount.  Thanks for the sugestion.

Stephen

I'm glad you got it working but I've used udp nfs to play back recordings on my xbox machines for ages without an issue. Also, all my mythvideo stuff works AOK also. The xbox can be used to rip a VOB from a DVD writing it to an NFS mounted filesystem and play back the same VOB with xine over NFS at the same time.

The options on the xboxes for the nfs mount are:
rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nfsvers=3

In /etc/exports on the server:
/var/video xbox2(rw,async,no_root_squash)

no_root_squash isn't really a requirement, depending...

Thanks for the settings. AS things seem to be moving along nicly now I probably won't use this but I will keep them on hand just in case.

Stephen