Although this may be a bit OT....

I recently decided to scrap my Slackware Myth attempt in exchange for following Jarod's guide.

A major problem I'm having is a basic problem with my FC3 install. I get an amazingly slow computer by simply doing a fresh install. I'm not really looking for a solution as much as I'm looking for anyone else who has had this problem when following Jarod's guide.

As a disclaimer, I do not in anyway attribute this to following Jarod's guide. I simply reference the path I chose as my guide to starting a Myth project from scratch using this wonderfully compiled resource.

My computer is as follows:

P3 1.2 ghz intel processor
Aopen AX3S Pro-U motherboard
512 Ram
2 x 20gig WD 7200Rpm harddrives

hdparm results:

cached 28.52 MB/sec
buffered 10.81 mb/sec

should I have to compile my own kernel to specifically work for this hardware, or should updating the kernel via Jarod's guide do me just fine? Anyone else have this problem when freshly installing?

Thanks all!
Shaun