To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:11 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Prebuffering Pause every minute (PCTV Stereo +Pundit-r)

Graham Voce wrote:

Hi,

I had posted this to the Knoppmyth forums but have since found that the problem 'seems' to be related to the DMA (PCI) audio and the saa7134 cards (so I have posted here in hopes of a wider audience and hopefully a solution!).

When using the line out on one PCTV card I do not get the frequent 'prebuffering pauses' (only the occasional one I can live with!)

The only way I got rid of this was to disable XvMC. It doubled my CPU usage, but at least it worked. If you aren't using that, then I can't help you....there was a thread a couple of weeks ago that had a bunch of stuff to try, check the archives.

Tom