Hi,

Sorry this is not mythtv specific, I'm just having a hard time configuring
the monitor so I can run mythtv under 1024x768.

I have an older 15" generic monitor. The monitor can certainly do 1024x768,
it works fine in that mode with windows. In linux, the probed configuration
states that it can run 1024x768, however when I attempt that mode I just get
a black screen. I have to use ctrl alt + in order to switch modes to
800x600. I get the same behavior in knoppmyth installation as well as FC3
installation.

How can I find out what the appropriate values to put into XF86Config are,
so I can run 1024x768? What is a "safe" modeline for SVGA 1024x768 that I
can try out?

Again, that resolution works fine if I boot up windows. Is there a way maybe
in windows to determine what the settings are?

Thanks for any help
Ricardo