Nick wrote:
Very sorry to hear that. Was yours a Pundit or Pundit-R system? Did
you have lm_sensors running at the time? Were both the CPU and PSU
afffected or just the CPU?

It was just the PSU fan on a Pundit AB-P 2600 system. The PSU is a Hipro 200W unit. The 80x20mm fan has only two leads, so I don't think it has any sort of monitoring capabilities. I tried lm_sensors at some point, but upon loading the module, the CPU fan goes to high speed (negating any benefit of Q-fan). So I scrapped that idea. I'm not sure if any PSU temperature info would have been available to lm_sensors in the first place, though.

CPU fan is fine. I've currently got a full size PSU hooked up to it. Everything works fine. It just looks ugly now, 'cause the PSU is outside of the case! :)