On Sunday 27 March 2005 00:01, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> >Not necessarily true. Axel and I added FireWire support to the ATrpms Myth
> >builds a while ago.
>
> Cool.  I never saw anything here about it, so I didn't know.  Sounds
> like I may need to rebuild again, as I'd rather use the rpms than build
> via CVS, if possible.

I know FireWire support in the ATrpms packages has been mentioned a few times
on the list, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was somewhat buried within
threads, and no formal announcement.

> >You're going about this incorrectly. Everything works perfectly on my box
> >without a thing in rc.local. For the device node, this...
> >
> >mknod /etc/udev/devices/raw1394 c 171 0
> >
> >...will take care of recreating the device node on restarts.
> >
> >To get the right modules loaded, I just have only these two lines in
> >modprobe.conf:
> >
> >alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
> >install ohci1394 /sbin/modprobe raw1394; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> >ohci1394
> >
> >And that's it.
>
> Again, this is the first I've seen this, and I'm glad to see it!
> Considering the volume of the mailing list, I don't have time to check
> other sources, so if this was previously announced elsewhere, I'm sorry
> I missed it.

Bits and pieces of it have been covered on the list, but I'm not aware of any
end-to-end instructions to date. I've been meaning to write some myself for a
few weeks now...

> If there is another source other than this list where
> things like this get announced, I'd love to be clued in as to where it
> is.

This list and the ATrpms-users list are the two primary places.

> I only check your guide when it is time to reinstall, which
> unfortunately for me is too often, as I never feel I have it "right" and
> it usually seems easier to reinstall than fix what I've messed up.

Heh! :-)

> Thanks for the great info!

No problem. I swear I'll get it all written up formally one of these days...

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Got a question? Read this first...