Paul Leppert wrote:

I have an HD-3000 and a PVR-250. In mythtvsetup, I have two channel
lineups (using zap2it): one for HDTV OTA broadcast channels and one
for DirecTV.  The HDTV lineup is attached to the HD-3000 Television
input and the DirecTV is attached to the PVR-250 S-Video.

When I am watching live tv, I can switch between the cards using 'C'.

You sure it isn't 'Y'?  C switches between inputs, Y switches between cards.

However, when I am in the guide data, if I pick a channel that only
exists in one lineup, mythtv doesn't automatically switch cards (in
other words, if I'm watching local OTA channel on HD-3000 and then
select DirecTV ESPN (channel 206), mythtv doesn't switch to the
PVR-250 card). Is this normal or do I have something set up
incorrectly? I end up having to change cards (with 'C') and then
changing channels.

That is how it works. This has come up in the past, but this hasn't been a particular itch with any of the developers. I started to look into it at one time, but after staring at the code for a while decided that I don't watch enough live tv to worry about it (I was actually looking at adding this functionality for my wife). If a patch was written that was up to the coding standards, there is a good chance it would be accepted.

Eventually, I hope to have three inputs on the two capture cards: two
DirecTV receivers on the S-Video input for each card, and one OTA HDTV
via the HD-3000. I was planning on setting up two channel lineups
(the same two I have now) and just associating the DirecTV lineup
twice (to each card's S-Video) and the OTA HDTV to the HD-3000. Will
this work, or will I need to set up three lineups (DTV1, DTV2, and
HDTV)? If I have to set up three, will myth automatically merge them
so I won't have duplicates in my guide?

Two lineups are fine. Just setup the one Directv lineup and assign it to both capture cards. This is what I do.

On a related topic, with the DirecTV and HDTV OTA, I have multiple
local channels (the DTV version and the HDTV OTA version of CBS, for
instance). Is there a way to get the HDTV version chosen before the
DTV version (so when I record network channels, I get the HDTV version
versus the "standard" DTV version)? Should this be done at the
capture card level or on a channel by channel basis?

Increase the priority level of the HDTV card in the card setup (or increase the HDTV channel priority in the channel setup).

Also, at the capture card, can I specify the input priority (so if I
have both DTV on SVideo, and HDTV on Television on the HD-3000, I can
still get the Television input to supercede the SVideo input)?

I am not sure where the mixed NTSC and ATSC support is on the HD-3000. I know there has been work done on this recently. I don't think it is 0.17, but it may be in CVS. I haven't really paid attention as I use two PVR-250 for my Directv receivers because I wanted both to record the same way (MPEG2). With the HD-3000 video in you will need to record in RTJPEG or MPEG4 (unless this has changed). Plus this will take more CPU.

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
 http://mythhd.info