I just added a third tuner to my system and while I have been using
myth for some time now, this darn "Master Backend Override" switch is
confusing me.

I have 3 PCs all with 1 tuner card:

System1 - Master.  Frontend/Backend, has large disk allowing NFS.

System2 - Slave. Diskless Frontend/Backend connects to Master via NFS.

System3 - Slave. Diskless Frontend/Backend connects to Master via NFS.

>From what I understand, the "Backend" that created the recording also
streams the given recording to Frontends local and remote.  In the event
that the "Backend" that created the recording is unavailable, the
"Master Backend" will look for the file and, if found, stream the file
to Frontends if "Master Backend Override" is enabled.

If everything is correct so far, here are my questions:

Should "Master Backend Override" only be enabled on the "Master"?

Are there any ways to minimize network traffic?

I would rather have my Master system stream all recordings.  Otherwise
it sounds possible that a Slave could read the file via NFS, then stream
the file to a remote Frontend thus doubling the network traffic for
streaming 1 recording.

Thanks for your help.

---Dan