for a decent cheap remote, i like X10's UR-74. It can learn IR codes as well as use RF through a serial receiver. I don't use the RF with myth, but i'm pretty sure its supported by LIRC, so thats an option. not a bad deal for about $20 on ebay.

brian mcgann wrote:

I am putting together a Myth system and would like to use a low-profile Hauppauge 150 MCE l.p. or any other low-profile blackbird tuner card, but don't know what remote and IR receiver to use. The Microsoft MCE remote/receiver package seems a natural, but I'm resisting using a
Microsoft branded product in my Myth system.
Does anyone have any suggestions other than building my own IR receiver?
Thanks,

Brian McGann