Chris Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Hmm, I think cookies work fine for me, but whenever I click on the
>> "Scheduled Recordings" link, all the entries are checked, even if I
>> unchecked some on my previous visit.
>
> If that doesn't work, your cookies aren't working properly.

Sorry, I meant that cookies are working correctly in my browser (for
other sites).  But you are of course right that something is wrong
with cookies when I access my myth backend.  I checked, and none are
being stored by firefox.  I made some changes to my apache2 setup,
and now session files are being stored in .../mythweb/php_sessions,
but a new session file is created for each access.

I've put the following entries in my apache2 config file:

  <Directory /var/www/mythweb/>
      AllowOverride All
  </Directory>

  ServerName boots:80

  UseCanonicalName On

and I access mythweb using

  http://boots/mythweb

I'm on a private network with no DNS entries, just entries in
/etc/hosts.  I can't find any useful log entries about this.

Any idea how to fix it?

>> What about allowing something like
>> http://host/mythweb/scheduled_recordings.php?disp_deactivated=false
>
> I'd rather fix the root of the problem.  Esp. if this will go away when
> I add the user settings stuff that will remove the need for cookies.

Ok.  The GET style settings could still be useful in case people want
to bookmark different display styles, but I agree it's not likely to
be used much if cookies (or your future method) work.

Dan