I'm using the remote from my 250. The 250 is in a server under the stairs so I couldn't use the remote there. I used the receiver that came with it to make one of the "do it yourself serial receivers". Works fine. You can also use it with one of the Packard Bell receivers you see on Ebay all the time.

Louis

David wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On a frontend only machine, ( no capture card ) what is the best option for a
remote control?
Are there any inexpensive options to add a remote control to a PC that
interfaces well with lirc/mythtv?

Recomendations? Experiences?

If you can solder and can figure out what shops sell transistors then you can make your own serial receiver.

So easy it's not funny.

David