Chris Pinkham wrote:
This error message means mythbackend can't find mythcommflag, so even
though mythcommflag is in _your_ PATH, it evidently isn't in the PATH
of the user running mythbackend or the script that is running
mythbackend.

No, mythcommflag (in /usr/local/bin) is in root's PATH, and root is running mythbackend. I don't see anything in my init.d script for mythbackend that would change the default root PATH available.

Search for this error message on the mailing lists and you'll find
several solutions.

Search where? I plugged "ERROR: Unable to find mythcommflag" and "to find mythcommflag" into Google, restricted to gossamer-threads.com and also unrestricted and didn't find more than a single hit on the dev list noting some CVS commit or something. Am I misspelling something? Am I searching in the wrong area?

This has been explained quite a few times on the mailing lists, so
I'll let you read the explanations when you search for the error
message above.

Could you give me an idea of when these threads started?

It was, quite a few times. :)  Previously, the mythcommflag
executable did not actually get called by mythbackend,
mythbackend directly ran the commercial flagging code internally.
This had the negative side-effect that if there were any problems
in commercial flagging that might cause a segfault, etc. whether
the issue was in the flagger, player, etc., then the backend would
go down.  In order to isolate the flagger from mythbackend, after
the JobQueue was created, I modified the JobQueue to call out to
mythcommflag rather than running the flagger code inside mythbackend.

Sounds good to me.

You can either manually delete them or you can take the ?easy? way
out and go into the JobQueue page in mythfrontend's status screen
and delete them from there.  Select the item to delete and pick
Delete from the popup menu.

Oh, I didn't see a way to select those items in the Status screen. I'll have to reexamine that.

Thanks for your response, I just hope someone could point me to these posts that I'm missing.

Thanks,

jl