On Apr 11, 2005 2:05 PM, Pancham Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Ok, what are you using the detect the RFID tag?  Assuming you have
> >linux drivers for the RFID reader you can probably pass a keyboard cmd
> >or maybe create a lirc loop back to initiate a record now command.
>
> I am using RFID reader to detect the tags. Everything related to reader,
> mythtv and camera is already set up. All we need to do now is initiate the
> recording on some action. What is that 'record now' command that you are
> talking about. Where I can read about creating the lirc loop back?
>

> >Interesting application for Mythtv. Are you trying to create a vision
> >system of sorts using Myth? This seems like a hard way to go. You can
> >use command line commands like
>
> >cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/your recording.mpg to capture video without
> >myth. If this is in fact a vision system on an assembly line or
> >soemthing you could datetime stamp the file in the name you record
> >from command line, then there is little you have to do.
> >I'd be interested to hear more about your application though it does
> >seem a bit off topic if you go without using Myth. Email me directly
> >if you want to chat about it some.
>
> I thought of doing the same (cat /dev/video0 > my.mpg), but the problem with
> that is we don't want to get into the management of all the videos and then
> playing them back. So, that is why I thought of using the MythTV. I am
> currently using camera as a security camera which should record any
> authorized/unauthorized RFID tag.
>
> Also, getting back to what you have suggested, is there any way so that I can
> playback the videos that I have recorded directly (from cat /dev/video0
> >my.mpg) on MythTV? If that is not possible, is there any off-the-shelf video
> players which can play the RAW video format?
>
> Also, what needs to be done if I wanted to store the prerecorded videos into
> the MythTV database, so that when I run MythTV it recognizes all those videos?

The record now command is press the R key while watching live TV. If
you are wanting a way to watch the videos and manage them then I guess
mythTV is better for you than developing a specific app for it. Or
using the cat command line.

Give pressing R in code a shot and let us know how it goes.

--
I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.