On Apr 12, 2005, at 1:51 PM, Larry Symms wrote:

>I've figured this out. Turns out to be my fault, suprise, suprise. > >I was looking at the correct settings in the wrong place. While digging >through all the settings in the past, I had selected "(Create new profile
>group)" to see what was in there, a new profile was created, and I >couldn't figure out how to delete it. At least not with my remote. > >Anyways, I didn't realize the new profile was "active", since I hadn't >selected it anywhere. > >Long story short (I know, too late), when I changed the resolution of that
>new profile to 720x480 and set the aspect ratio to square, as I had tried
>in the default profile, all is well. > >-Michael Are you using PAL or NTSC?

I think that used to be the text of my message...

I'm in NTSC land. I have since read a recent post about deleting custom recording profiles (Type M in the list of profiles, menu appears with delete on it) and removed my "accidental profile". Fixed up the default profiles, and still humming along.

-Michael