>It might be better to actually test both under the same
>circumstances... i.e. not having mythtranscode running while testing.
>Mythtranscode is "niced" but likely going to still steal CPU at times,
>hence causing stuttering.

Yeah, that's what they taught me at school .... change as little as possible
while narrowing down a problem :) . I actually was trying to see if the
firewire sent SD as well as HD channels, and kinda got distracted from there.

>Have you investigated XvMc?  This might help offload some of the
>processing.  I believe the stock .17 RPMs have bugg XvMc, but rumor
>has it that the .17 CVS RPMs are much better... and the upcoming .18
>as well.

Thought of that. Haven't really tried it though, but have tried to follow this
list for HD news, including the XvMC stuff. I was planning to wait for .18
before messing around with it though. I'm not sure if I want to go to CVS, but
the more I use Myth, the more I realise that CVS is probably the way to go.

Regards,
Peter