Ok, I tried resetting the themes, and it defaulted to GANT.
Unfortunately, it didn't find that either. :( I have no idea where it
might be looking. I configured with these options:

        /configure --prefix=/usr --disable-distcc --disable-audio-arts \
        --disable-audio-jack --enable-dvb --dvb-path=/usr/include \
        --enable-dvb-eit --enable-xvmc --arch=pentium2

And there is a themes directory in /usr/share/mythtv, and it has all
the themes in it. I'm so lost!

I'm going to try verbose output to see if it tells me where it's looking. :(