---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: [mythtv-users] Comcast Cable, Atlanta GA
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:47:28 -0400
From: "Matthew Mousseau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>

>I'm in the atlanta area, and considering rebuilding my mythbox to use
>the motorola 6200 series cable boxes via firewire, and my question is
>this: has anyone in the atlanta area done this through comcast? Every
>time I call to ask about whether or not I can request / buy the cable
>box I get someone with the IQ of a brick or who is determined to be
>useless.
>
>Also, If i get digital cable + whatever HD channels they offer, will I
>be able to record them both from one tuner?

I can't answer the first part, but I can get both HD and SD channels out of my
Moto STB. I'm with RCN in Boston though; dunno if this is a provider-type
setting, or whether this is a hardware thing. This probably doesn't help a
whole lot, but at least you know now that it is possible.

The other nice thing is that you can use the firewire to do the channel
changes, and get rid of the IR blaster, if you have one.

Regards,
Peter