IMO your pushing things too much for the long term health of your
system.  I suggest picking up a quiet fan from directron.com or
something like that and adding one.

You could possibly run it on +12 - +5 = 7V from the power supply by
going between the 12 and 5 volt leads to keep it quieter.

I'd also be curious about your hdd temperature.  Bake a hard drive for a
few months and it tends to hurry the RMA requirement..

Still you may be perfectly ok, it just seems chancy to me with a poor
ventillation case, with both the fast GPU and PVR card in the long term.

64C isn't really ideal for the CPU either.  A very good heat sink with
some proper thermal transfer compound may helpa little there..

Good luck.

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 11:04 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Myth box has extremely poor ventilation, and subsequently, runs very
> hot.  I wanted it to be extra quiet, so I shut off all the rear exhaust
> fans except the PSU fan.  The PSU fan is pretty slow; I've reduced fan
> speed (with a FanMate) for the CPU fan, and I let the GPU (Geforce4
> Ti4200) go full speed.  All in all, pretty quiet.
>
> As for temps, it's another story.  I don't have lm_sensors working
> (something about their eeprom module causing issues with ivtv's
> tveeprom).  However, my case has some temp sensors.  The heatsink on the
> CPU is about 64C, and the internal case temp is up there as well.
> However, I think this is still within spec (AMD Sempron), so I'm fine
> with it.  I might undervolt the CPU a little, to see if that would help.
> Anyways, I don't care about temps as long as it's not causing problems.
>
> My cause for concern, however, is the PVR-250.  It has no fan on it, and
> it is getting much hotter than anything else in the case.  I taped a
> temp sensor on the back of the card, and it routinely gets up to 74C.  I
> can't find any specs on the operating range for it.  Has anyone had any
> problems with their PVR-250 overheating?  What are the symptoms.
>
> Thanks,
> Micah
Robert Denier ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
PhD Electrical Engineering (May 2005)