JY wrote:

How can I default the watch recordings menu to show my recording
groups on the side?  I can change the view with the 'M' key but it
always goes back to showing the show titles on the side.  I looked in
the setup menus but don't see any options.  Any suggestion
appreciated

Can't. It can only be changed from the menu. It is on my todo list to update the configuration screen to pick from different combinations of views like

titles only
titles + categories
titles + categories + recording groups
titles + recording groups
categories only
categories + recording groups
recording groups only

and select one as the default. It would still provide the filter menu option to filter the selected view by a particular category or recording group.

Kevin