I seem to have a similar problem that looks like it's being caused by a hard drive starting to fail.  Check your messages log or syslog for hard drive related errors.

-Bryan

On 4/20/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Message: 3
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:25:27 +0200
From: Jeroen Doumen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythbackend mysteriously dying
To: Discussion about mythtv < mythtv-users@mythtv.org>

Hi all,

I have installed myhttv 0.17 on my Gentoo system using the (standard)
mythtv-0.17-r1 ebuilds there.

Everything seems to work fine, but occasionally (3 times during the two
weeks that the system was up and running) my mythbackend has crashed,
without leaving any trace in the (default) logs. I'll try and set
mythbackend to log all, but maybe someone here has an idea what might be
going wrong.

Also, my video recordings seem to miss a couple of frames every now and
then.

My system specs are:

P4 3.0 GHz
PVR350
Gentoo, kernel 2.6.11-r4

Does anyone have any clue what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Jeroen