Chris Rouch wrote:
I'm having problems with mythtv sound on a Terratec Cinergy card. The
audio out from the card is connected to the line in on my sblive.

I've looked at the troubleshooting guide. xawtv is fine, so I know the
sblive card is working. If I mute the line input and set it to capture
and run aplay /dev/dsp then I get delayed sound, as expected.

What is really strange is that if I run xawtv with line in muted, and
also run mythfrontend in live tv mode, after a short delay I get sound
again. And I can pause live tv and when I unpause it the sound picks
up where it should. so myth is getting the audio as it should.

The only thing I can see in the backend logfile that might be relevant is

NVR: Error, unknown audio codec

Normally, this message only shows up when the recording profile settings are not correct. First make sure your database doesn't have errors "mysqlcheck -r -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg" then go to TV Settings->Recording Profiles and check the audio settings for each of the profiles.

--  bjm