Dear MythTV users,
I use Ubuntu Linux 4.1 Warty Warthog and a Twinhan VisionDTV Ter card.
After a quite difficult installaion I have MythTV running.

Compiling MythTV took a lot of time but it took me more time to find out
that libqt3-mysql was missing to set up the database. I've thought I
would get an error message from ./configure.

I have chosen my DVB card and the german TVtoday video source. Then I
have answered the questions on the console. After that I have had
several channels but none of them worked. I have found out that I can do
a scan manually. Initially it didn't work to enter only the frequency.
Choosing the right bandwidth and switching the inversion off helped.
Well, afterwards I've had every channel twice.

I needed several retries to find out the best solution I know until now:
enter mythtv-setup
choose the dvb card
select the right program guide
add all channels in xterm
write down all xmltv IDs
quit
restart mythtv-setup
delete the channels
select the program guide
don't add any channel in xterm
manually enter all frequencies
edit channels and enter icon path and xmltv ID
uncomment all found channels in ~/.mythtv/sourcename.xmltv
mythfilldatabse --update

This works for me. Switching channels is quite slow compared to
xine-dvb-plugin. I have reduced the buffer to the minimum but it hasn't
got faster
That TVtoday program guide is quite good but recording is just based on
its times. Sometimes the end is missing. Is it right that every channel
has it's own epg/mhp via DVB-T?
Maybe future versions of MythTV (it isn't version 1.0 yet)  can use
either this or the other one for each channel.
Removing commercials works quite well but some bad companies place their
logo in one of the upper corners.
I'm missing videotext and I have a problem with NDR regional channels.
This is information from another German region but for me it's almost
the same:

Programmname                            Service ID    Video PID    Audio
PID    PCR PID    Videotext PID    PMT/Daten PIDs
NDR Fernsehen Niedersachsen    129                4625
4626            4625            4628                        4624
MDR Fernsehen                              100                4657
           4658            4657            4660                        4656
WDR Köln                                        262
4641                 4642            4641            4644
        4640
hr-fernsehen                                    65
4673               4674             4673            4676
       4672
NDR FS Hamburg                            130              4625 / 4673
4626 / 4674  4625 / 4673     4628                        4880
NDR FS Schleswig Holstein             131            4625 / 4641   4626
/ 4642  4625 / 4641     4628                        5136
NDR FS Mecklenburg Vorpommern 132          4625 / 4657    4626 / 4658
4625 / 4657    4628                        5392

I can use the xmltv ID "ndr.de" only once. For the other NDRs the
program is unknown.
When I switch from one NDR channel to another I have no sound and a bad
picture quality. Then I have to switch to another channel that doesn't
use the same Audio/Video PIDs and then switch back. So when there's no
regional program I mustn't switch from NDR FS SH to NDR FS NDS/HH/MVP or
when there's regional program e.g. hr-Fernsehen to NDR FS Hamburg directly.

The error message is:

[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]invalid mb type in P Frame at 6 28
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 1 21
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 10 34
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 8 17
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]ac-tex damaged at 2 22
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 3 13
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 34 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 43 15
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 19 12
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 41 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]slice mismatch
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 9 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 23 18
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]ac-tex damaged at 4 22
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 9 30
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]mb incr damaged
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 11 10
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 30 11
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 1 12
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]invalid cbp at 0 13
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]ac-tex damaged at 0 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]00 motion_type at 9 15
[mpeg2video @ 0xb7775150]ac-tex damaged at 0 16

and so on.....

I can reproduce it at any time.

And one thing is missing: A transport stream contains four channels and
we should be able to record/watch all of them simultaniously.

Regards

Schugy