I just can't seem to get sound to work with LiveTv or Recordings. I'm not
totally sure it's playback or not. I looked at
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo and
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

I verified my sound is working with aplay -D mixed-analog $HOME/english.au

I was able to hear sound. I also get sound with mplayer, tvtime, and
xawtv. Looks like sound output is working. I also just yesterday installed
the media plugin for MythTv and I was able to play using that even if all
it really does is use mplayer.

Is there a way to test capture via /dev/dsp? Perhaps that would help me to
troubleshoot whether it is capture or playback that is causing my
problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Leo Przybylski