On 5/9/05, Robert Tsai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:52:50AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Thanks. So I need to do this for every recording? The default is to
> > always save unless I specifically set it up to allow deletion?
>
> You *may* do this on a per-recording-schedule basis.
>
> However, there is an option to set the default "auto-expire" value to
> be on or off.

Auto-expire was set to on. Recordings were not deleted. that's how it
was. I've now gone through and set some of the daily recordings to
keep only 3 copies and to delete oldest copy, etc. so that should
help. (I hope!)

> IIRC, it is somewhere in mythtv-setup; otherwise it is somewhere in
> the frontend setup screens.

What I did above was in mythfrontend. I've not found any settings that
seem to effect this in mythtv-setup. I would have thought it would be
there since this is sort of a back end thing too, but no luck.

We'll see how these latest changes effect things.

thanks!

- Mark