Risto Treksler wrote:

3) Any way to get MythTV to keep running the live TV buffer while I'm
crawling around menus? Say, I want to go play with settings and
whatnot, and in the meantime I want it to keep buffering TV so I can
watch it later. Kind of like TiVo does, it always records something.

that might be nice, ie keep the livetv buffer full of the last channel watched
also with 2 tuners, the last 2 channels watched could be buffered
ie when you go channel up, it would actually go to the next channel on the
next tuner, then you could go back to the last channel and rewind!

would be pretty cool, but alas pretty useles for most ppl,
as most ppl don't watch livetv with mythtv
I regard myself as "most ppl" and I DO watch live TV with Myth.
I've been wanting this feature for some time now.

4) If I watch TV and send "record" command, it records from the
current time, losing the live buffer. Can I change this? (again, Tivo
does it: if I'm 10 minutes into the show and select to record, I get
the first 10 minutes into my recording).

i hate that too
there is a setting for "livetv buffer change warnings"
to workaround some related issues.
This also is something I'd love to see in Myth :-)

Thanks in advance,
Fedor

Is there a "feature request" channel where we could lobby for these features?

Cheers,

-Morten