Hi Everyone,

Last week I replaced my two Twinhan cards with two Dvico ones (FusionHDTV Plus and FusionHDTV Lite), completed a fresh install of KnoppMyth R512A, upgraded to kernel 2.6.11 and they work reasonably well. I'm getting more than 70% signal strength on both cards (I only used to get ~32% on the Twinhan cards) and all SD channels are perfectly watchable (only 2/5 of the SD channels were perfect on the Twinhans).

The problem is with the HD channels. If I use mplayer the HD channels are mostly perfect (except for no audio on a couple of channels, but I think that's a different problem and will post separately), but under MythTv I get staggering on some channels and video artifacts artifacts on others. The audio IS present on all channels under MythTv.

One thing that's interesting is the difference in CPU usage from the front-end to the back end. When watching HD on the remote front-end, backend has nearly less than 10% CPU usage. When watching HD on the back-end, the CPU usage goes up to 50-60%.

The HD quality also doesn't change when switching between the on-board MX440 and a GF 5600XT I had lying around.

Does anybody have any clues why the quality would be lower on MythTV than when using mplayer?

Craig...