I was at Fry's on Friday night and they were having the big 20th anniversary
sale.
They had this card on sale for $5 (after main in rebate), the box says it is

"V-Stream Creator TV-MCE 100 Pro".  There are also some references to Kworld

and it claims on the box to support both MPEG 1 and 2 encoding.

I've got one PVR-350 working perfectly and wanted to add this 2nd one.  Both

will be getting signal from separate DirecTV boxes (d10).  I'm having
trouble
understanding how to set two up.  I've search for info but I've not seen
many
people using this one at all, let alone in a dual tuner system.

lspci -vv says

00:07.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA713X Audio+video
broadcast decoder (rev f0)
        Subsystem: Unknown device 17de:7135
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

So I cleverly deduced it was using the saa713x chipset ;)

I added

alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=-1,2

To bring my total ivtv config in /etc/modprobe.conf to

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 saa7134
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=-1,2
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb

/dev/video1 is created and if I do a cat /dev/video1 > /tmp/out.mpg and
then try to mplayer -vo x11 /tmp/out.mpg.  I get a colored staticky image,
which is kinda what I expect because I haven't tune it yet.

However, trying to play directly with mplayer -vo x11 /dev/video1 or with
dd if=/dev/video1 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k doesn't produce any pictures at
all, after entering them from the command line they just sit there and
nothing happens.

Am I on the right track?

FC3 (following Jarod's guide)
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+, 1G Ram