On 5/25/05, Kyle Rose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> couldn't see a differance between the $2 one and the $25.  [Anyone
> want to buy a Monster Gold Plated 3-way splitter, drop me an email. :)
> ]

As a brief aside: my second rule of home theater is that Monster = snake
oil.

Monster cables and components are indeed built well, but they are no
better than the equivalent gold-plated connector available for 1/4 of
the cost.

Cheers,
Kyle

Hear, Hear!  I agree.  Save your money.  (PS - Kyle, what's your 1st rule?)

In terms of splitters I look for ones with 2GHZ passthrough (vs 1GHZ).  Also, pay attention to the db-loss per "split".  The more splits you have, the more loss per split.  However, some splitters have what I've seen called a power-pass, which gives more power to one connector (good for feeding either a flaky cable modem or to get the best signal on your main TV) at the expense of the others (kids rooms, kitchen, whatever).

Greg