mogens lunde wrote:

Axel Thimm wrote:

I really have followed Jarods description exactly (copy/paste instructions), but basically not much could be done wrong from installing the four CD's untill starting the apt-get update etc. I did of course also the last time install the latest kernel, but when trying this:
# apt-get install ivtv-firmware
# apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER
# apt-get install ivtv

each package returned this error: Couldn't find package xxxxxx
(Did of course define $KVER properly)

This really should not happen, and I swear I have not deviated one mm from Jarods description. Anyway installation succeeded with yum, but now I get static/snow from the tuner after a reboot (worked before the reboot)

When I hopefully get this to work again I obviously need a backup program, so that I can go back to a working mythtv. I have now two times experienced that a simple apt-get dist-upgrade destroyed my working tuner output.

I don't know if this's exactly related to the problem you've seen - but...

I've had to use the commands multiple times when doing the apt-gets. I also received failed messages but doing the commands multiple times finally got everything updated. I assumed it was timeouts or busy server or something. I DID NOT continue on until I got the complete message and packages not just downloaded but the install thing with all the ###################. Again, it took no less than 4-5 tries to get it to finish. I followed the directions exactly, no changes made except the multiple apt-get commands to complete the download and install of upgrades.