Egeekial wrote:
Well, I'm not dealing with HD, so I couldn't tell you about that. I can tell you, though, that I tried using an old Geforce 256 DDR card in my Mythbox with very little luck (overlay problems, freezing, no hardware acceleration).

hmm, i had a GeForce2 MX w/ S-Vid out that worked really well back in the day before i messed w/ myth (or owned an hdtv) ..

On the other hand, I have a Radeon 9700 Pro in my desktop machine, and the ATI Linux drivers work flawlessly. The ATI drivers even came with a nice little program to setup your xorg.conf. It's a simple concept, and I can't understand why NVIDIA doesn't follow suit. It's somewhat of a pain to have to go through the FAQ to get the xorg.conf setup properly.

i don't really care about that, since i had to go thru the xorg.conf file manually to get hdtv-out working the way i wanted to ... i actually somewhat prefer nvidia's way of doing it, because i'm yet to figure out what all the crap the ATI drivers put in the xorg.conf file mean :S (yes, i'm a control-freak geek and want to know what all those settings mean! :P)

-g-