I am Australian but I now spend most of my time in New York, no I don’t work for Telstra I work for myself (adhoc consulting, strategic marketing direction and capital raising).

No I’ve never worked for a broadcaster my last two real jobs were in 1999 as Strategic Directions of a publicly list ISP aggregator (ASX:ISP) and in 2001 as director of a 3 country data centre rollout based in Kuala Lumpur, though at one stage in 1997 I did open the Australian office for Singtel’s international data sales.

My reasoning for being pissed at cablelabs was I was intending to build a super dvr that sat behind the cable networks platform delivering value add smart content, but they are a closed shop with their head in the sand.

My intention now is to make suggestions to the MythTV project on value add ideas to enhance the current offering.

Cheers,

Dean