On 02/06/05, Phill Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > When a DVB card is not in use (e.g. for recording or liveTV) and the "DVB on
> > demand" option is not used, both of my DVB cards tune to channel 3. What i'd
> > prefer is for them to tune to channel 1 (since the mux associated with
> > channel
> > 1 has complete guide data, whilst the mux associated with channel 3 does
> > not!).
> >
> > So the question is, how do I configure this? I've tried changing the
> > 'starting
> > channel' option in the 'input connections' section of the mythtv-setup
> > (which
> > would logically seem to be the option to change) but this does not
> > have the desired
> > effect.
> >
> > Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Run mythtvsetup then choose Input --> Select input connection -->
> change Starting channel in the setup page.

The problem with this is that it gets reset each time you change the
channel to the currently tuned one.

This seems to be related to the "channel crawling" feature that's been
muted, i.e the DVB code would when mythtv was idle tune to each of the
channels and attempt to update the EPG.

However it's not bubbled to the top of the list yet.
--
John