Hmmm... the 15-2116 in the guide is no longer listed on Radioshack's website. Does anyone know if they still have it in stores?

Brad Kerr wrote:

...and, Jarod has a guide to help you:

http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php

On 6/3/05, Michael Carland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Jun 2, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Ashu Desai wrote:

Hello all,
I lost my remote control for PVR-250 and was wondering if I can use
either of the following:

Sony RM-Y168 (my TV remote)
Sony RMT-D128A (my DVD remote)
Sony RM-V8A (universal remote)
JVC LP20303-009

for my PVR-250 card...

If so, I would appreciate a step-by-step guidance. I am a Unix rookie
and can't figure out much on my own.

Thanks,
Ash.
IIRC the PVR can only detect RC5 remotes. There is a file on the home
page of lirc (http://www.lirc.org) remotes.tar.bz2 that has the codes
of all the currently known remotes.

Unpacking that file and looking in the Sony directory, I do not see any
of your Sony remotes, but grepping them for RC5 only returns one match,
so I would suspect Sony does not use RC5 protocol.

Grepping in the jvc directory for RC5 returns no matches.

I think Philips came up with RC5, there are many matches for it in the
philips directory.

You could get a pretty cheap universal remote from Radio Shack, and
program it to imitate a Philips remote, or Hauppauge have a replacement
remote on their site for $14.95
(http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware.asp#remote).

-Michael