On Jun 4, 2005, at 12:15 PM, Paul Fielding wrote:

Yup, I tried adding a DisplaySize line (there wasn't one in my XF86Config-4 file previously), as per:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/51710#51710

All that happened was that the Fonts on the screen became much much larger. Border didn't change....

regards,

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hannan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] black border issue Knoppmyth and EPIA (HushPC) -can't get rid of it...

have you tried changing your DisplaySize parameter under the Monitor
section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf? (on FC).

fine tuning this paramater and working with the nvidia overscan
setting fixed similar problem for me.

John

On 6/4/05, Paul Fielding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ok, Next problem.

Now that I've got the TV out working on my HushPC, things look great.
Except that that TV output is framed with a black border. No Overscan, GUi
adjustments, or other settings I've messed with have fixed it.

Anyone got any ideas?

regards,

Paul

You say this is an EPIA, are you using the Unichrome driver?

If so, only the modelines built into the driver will work, and you must match those names.

It sounds like you are not using a modeline that has overscan. The driver should have a mode "720x480" with no overscan, which is what it sounds like you are using, and "720x480Over" that has "normal" overscan. If you are using a newer version of the driver, it will also have "720x480Noscale", which I use, that has only a little overscan, and turns the scaler off. There are also "640x480" and "640x480Over"

If you have the Unichrome source, the list of mode names are in via_vt162x.h.

Hope that helps.

-Michael