I also have similar question, but relating to HD recordings.

I've recorded OTA programs in HD using the HD3000 card. I'd like to
keep the mpeg2-ts stream but edit the commercials. When I play the
file in myth, its doing commercial skipping. I dont have a cutlist
file per se (dont know how to create it).

Is there any program/scripts which will pull the comm. frame
information from the database, edit the mpeg2-ts stream, cut the
commercials and create a new mpeg2-ts file ?

I'd like to keep the final file also in the TS format, but just
without commercials. All the tools I've looked so far with work on
mpeg files produced by pvr-xxx models (nuvexport etc) or will
transcode the TS stream to divx (mythtranscode).

Thanks

Mudit