Donavan Stanley wrote:

On 6/6/05, Tom Lichti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rob Rosenfeld wrote:

I'm running current CVS on the HEAD branch.  The first time I try to
watch any recording, I get a black screen for maybe 5 minutes, then I
get the prompt that usually shows up after a show ends offering three
choices if I want to delete or keep the episode.  If I tell it to keep
it and try again it plays immediately.  How do I get it to play
correctly on the first attempt?
I am experiencing this as well. I am on CVS from a few weeks ago, not
that it makes much of a difference. Haven't found a workaround as yet.

First, does it happen with current CVS?  A few weeks ago makes a hug
difference.  Even a few days can make a huge difference.

Yes, I know. See below.

Second, what does it say in the console?  How about with -v playback?

All in all, without more information nobody is going to be able to help you.
I wasn't asking for help, just pointing out that he wasn't the only one with the problem. I plan on rebuilding from current CVS soon, but I may wait a bit for the commits to die down a bit... :) Plus I haven't been able to schedule any down time... :)

FWIW, my system is combined frontend/backend, with dual 250's.

Tom