thanks for the suggestion,  I forgot about this.

I plan on a major modification to myth, what I've seen so far is ok, but needs improvement, setup gui for example is a real pain to navigate. I'm not sure what these people were thinking when they did the design, but no matter, looking forward to a rewrite, that is once I get a stable install completed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:57 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] feature request: plasma burn-in module

since, we are uber techies here, some, if not all of
us like our high perf displays. (I don't have one yet,
but i'm starting to look into it) one of the things
that I found is that plasmas are more reliable than i
thought. they have a 1/2 bright life of 60,000hrs, vs
15,000 for crts. but they do have a burn in problem.
this is mitigatable. it turns out that the first 1000
hrs are critical to avoid any kind of burn-in.

what we need then is a simple module that counts the
hours that it runs, and flips channels every minute.
people can leave it on 24/7 for 42 days, using it as
they would, but when not watching it they just select
the plasma burn-in option.