Hello all,

My Myth box, specs below, has been in "safe production" (the old Replay TV is not yet unplugged) for about two weeks now. Over the weekend, it became unresponsive to remote and I could not get in via Mythweb. SSH was sluggish but I could get in. Restarting gave me the 'GDM could not write to your authorization file" error, and executing 'df -h' showed that my hda / partition was 100% full.

I traced the culprit to /var/log/syslog, which was almost 700MB. Roughly 99% of it was the following, repeating and very frequent judging from the timestamps:

mythtv kernel: ivtv: DEC: Decoder wants 0x00010000 bytes, bad memory location 0x00010000.
   mythtv kernel ivtv: DEC: Decoder wants 0x00010000.

The above lines repeat anywhere from eight to twelve times, sometimes the shorter line will appear twice, sometimes the longer line within the repeating block, then the following might appear, and then they repeat some more:

   mythtv kernel ivtv: DEC: Decoder w010000.

I'm going to post this to the ivtv list as well, but y'all are pretty smart people and so I thought I'd ask you as well. Thanks for any suggestions/ideas you can offer!

   -Steve
   Dual 2.4GHz Intel
   Knoppmyth R5A16, Myth 0.18.1
   PVR-350, PVR-250, ivtv 0.3.6g