OK I will create the MythCenter v2 despite the upcoming themeing engine, but such knowledge as you mentioned here is very useful. Where can I find a comprehensive documentation about theme creation? I found some things here and there, but nothing seems to cover every aspect. In the most hypothetical situation I want to put out a theme, an osd and a bootsplash theme to match, but I want it to be easily upgradeable against new theme engines and what not, so some efficient coding would be nice. BTW, do you know how to implement a running clock (like the WM's taskbar one) into a theme? I want that too :)

-- Jeroen