I've read the docs with regard to adding a second hard drive to an
existing LVM group and I need some clarification and maybe a slight
how to.

The VG "VGforMyth" has been created and is working fine. I've added a
second hard drive and have created a primary partition on the drive
using the entire disk and have changed the Hex code to 8e so I think
the drive is about ready.

Here is my confusion, according to the docs I'm supposed use
"pvcreate" to create the PV then "vgextend" to add the volume to the
group, is that it? Don't I need to tell the VG that it's been enlarged
or something?

This drive has not been formatted so doesn't that process also need to
take place? I've never seen an OS that could write to a drive not
formatted and I don't see mention of that in the docs? My original
drive in the VG is formatted with XFS so I assumed I would need to
format the new drive the same?

Thanks for any light you can shed.

AJM,