Title: Lirc dead but subsys locked fc3

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]# /sbin/service lircd status
I had lirc working fine for a while and since the last reboot it has not been functioning at all.  I have looked at the mailing list and there seem to be a number of issues that people are trying to sort out.  I just wanted to see if there was any more direct solutions floating around.

I have an FC3 box with lirc 0.7.1 running the latest stable mythtv rpm release.
As you can see below when I start lirc it looks fine but after using the remote it locks up
lircd (pid 5572) is running...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]# /sbin/service lircd status
lircd (pid 5572) is running...
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]# /sbin/service lircd status

lircd dead but subsys locked

There was no character device in /dev/ before so I created one, not sure if that made it any worse.  Judging from the error message that I get in /var/log/messages it looks like lirc is looking for /dev/lirc but cant find it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mythtv]# ls -la /dev/li*
crw-r--r--  1 root root 61, 0 Jun 24 09:07 /dev/lirc
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root     0 Jun 23 22:40 /dev/lircd

Jun 23 22:40:01 localhost kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver
registered, at major 61
Jun 23 22:40:16 localhost lircd-0.7.1[3901]: lircd(any) ready
Jun 23 22:40:16 localhost lircd: lircd startup succeeded
Jun 23 22:40:31 localhost lircd-0.7.1[3901]: accepted new client on
/dev/lircd
Jun 23 22:40:31 localhost lircd-0.7.1[3901]: could not get file
information for /dev/lirc
Jun 23 22:40:31 localhost lircd-0.7.1[3901]: default_init(): No such
file or directory
Jun 23 22:40:31 localhost lircd-0.7.1[3901]: caught signal

Any ideas as to how to solve this.  I found a patch on the atrpms bugzilla site but don’t know how to apply a diff patch.  I tried patch XXX.diff and it just sat there doing nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eric Partington

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce
pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il
contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est
interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.